Top 5 Videos that Say NO to KXL
Cross-post from ACE's Hot and Bothered blog.
Public comments are being accepted from now until Earth Day, you have the power to help influence one of the most important decisions regarding climate change to date.
Spring Into Action and make your voice heard. Here are 5 reasons why we must reject the Keystone XL tar sands pipeline.
1) Protect our future. What ties us all together is the future, and how we must work together towards sustainability. If we invest in the Keystone XL Pipeline, we’re taking a step in the wrong direction. The proposed XL pipeline will undermine America's effort to develop a clean energy future. If built, Keystone XL will lock us into a future in which our nation is dependent on one of the dirtiest and costliest fuels in the world.
2) Hold President Obama accountable. The President must follow through on the promises he made. Obama's rhetoric on addressing climate change and approving Keystone XL don't mix. You can't be serious about climate change and approve KXL.
3) Tar sands are the dirtiest of the dirty oil, causing more climate change emissions than conventional oil by a long shot.
4) The pipeline threatens environmental and public safety. The Ogalala aquifer supplies drinking water for two million people and $20 billion in agriculture. If there were an oil spill that got into this key water supply, it’d be a disaster to people, animals and our water supply that would be very hard to clean up.
5) Game over for climate. "If Canada proceeds, and we do nothing, it will be game over for the climate. Canada’s tar sands, deposits of sand saturated with bitumen, contain twice the amount of carbon dioxide emitted by global oil use in our entire history," explained James Hansen, the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) climatologist.
Will you help ACE get 2,000 public comments by Earth Day? Submit a comment urging the Obama administration to reject the Keystone XL Pipeline!