HI, MY NAME IS JD PRATER
I'm a seasoned growth marketer living in SF bay area. I'm quick on my feet and able to produce growth marketing strategies that drive results.
FACTS ABOUT ME
I'm an amateur coffee roaster.
International conference speaker.
Cocktail of choice is an Old Fashioned.
Living in a mid-century modern home with furniture to match.
California state champion in cyclocross.
Studied and taught history in Cairo, Egypt.
I married my best friend.
And I have two dogs that love walks in the Redwoods.
AdStage - San Francisco, California
Director of Growth Marketing (November 2017 - Current) Promoted
HEad of Customer Acquisition (March 2017 - November 2017)
In this role, I'm responsible for leading the marketing team to acquire new customers by defining our target consumer segments, developing, executing and optimizing all acquisition campaigns and achieving strong CAC/LTV ratios, directly contributing to the growth and scale of AdStage.
- Stewards over full funnel marketing strategy - including PPC, SEM, paid social, SEO, landing page optimization (CRO), content strategy, thought leadership, guest blogging, conferences, webinars, and network partnerships
- Own the Demand Generation growth strategy and roadmap, and implement rigorous tracking, measurement and A/B testing plans
- Develop digital media strategy and own execution of innovative integrated campaigns designed to drive new customer acquisition, continuously improve media spend ROI and assist in building brand awareness
- Drive qualified sales opportunities through integrated campaigns increased brand awareness, website visitors, content marketing, lead capture, nurture streams, and new trial sign up acquisition
- Executes integrated campaigns including email marketing, webinar and lead nurture tactics
- Builds programs and reports in marketing automation platforms like Pardot and Salesforce and analyzes results
- Obsess over customers and prospects and how they engage with AdStage on the website and content
- Use data and research to evaluate the impact of content and the team's operations, and push for continuous improvement that shows real business results.
- Partner with marketing operations, sales, and design team members to develop compelling content that will drive KPI’s
Hanapin Marketing - DENVER, COLORADO
HEad of Social Media (July 2015 - march 2017)
Oversee start-ups to international companies and include e-commerce and lead generation with monthly budgets from $15k to over $1 million.
- Develop and lead social media strategy and implementation on several strategic enterprise accounts.
Oversee our 11 week media training for all new hires and lead ongoing monthly education sessions for the team.
Identify and develop the most effective media channels including social media platforms for an integrated omni-channel strategy.
Manage strategic enterprise client relationships and communication.
Write for PPC Hero blog, conduct webinars, international speaking engagements.
Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Used for trend analysis, reporting and data analysis.
Stay up-to-date with latest digital marketing trends and potential new channels and strategies including updates in social media marketing, attribution modeling and programmatic ads.
Inflow - Denver, Colorado
Sr Paid Search Strategist (March 2014 - June 2015)
My client's range from start-ups to international companies and include e-commerce and lead generation with ad spend from $5K to six-figure monthly budgets.
Manage a small team ensuring complex projects are completed and clients are happy with the results.
Uncover, understand and achieve client goals and business objectives through the customization of campaigns and understanding of the client’s product.
Identify and develop the most effective and cost-efficient paid search programs including social media.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Used for trend analysis, pivot tables, lookups, reporting, and data analysis.
Amadeus Digital - Boulder, Colorado
Digital Marketing Strategist (July 2013 - March 2014)
PPC - Managing multiple clients' Google Adwords campaigns including setting up accounts, monitoring, a/b testing, keyword research, and reporting.
Social Media - Creating inventive social media campaigns that build client brand awareness, increase their fans and followers and drive web traffic and sales, content development.
SEO - Deep experience developing and driving performance against benchmark and related performance reporting specific to the SEO space. Managing the strategic components of integrated SEM and SEO campaigns.
Branding - Brand storytelling, strategic brand development, competitive research, brand positioning, key messaging and reputation management
Copywriting - Developing conversion-driven content (print and web) including email marketing, social marketing, websites, and promotional campaigns. Experience and success producing both short-form copy (site CTAs, email copy, banner ads) as well as long-form content (blog posts, articles, how-tos)
Creative - Creating and designing traditional and digital assets (Adobe CS and Microsoft Visio)
Analytics - Statistical analysis in Excel, Google Analytics to increase revenue, improve ROI and grow the online advertising efforts of our clients
Client Management - Offering strategic insight to clients, guiding him or her toward the optimal tactical execution that meets their specific marketing objectives.
Alliance for Climate Education - Denver, CO
Marketing Manager (July 2011 - June 2013)
Strategist - implemented and managed comprehensive marketing strategies that increased brand reputation, brand awareness and traffic across all social platforms (including content development, community engagement and management) with a focus on generating engagement through social channels.
Content Marketing - wrote content for the blog, social media, e-newsletters, videos, and email campaigns. Recruited guest bloggers and subject-matter experts (WordPress, Exact Target, CS Suite).
PPC - managed Google Adwords Grant and Analytics Account
Social Media Manager - analyzed, interpreted, created and responded to information received from social media outlets (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, Tumblr, Flickr, Google+).
SEO - established and implemented search engine strategies for the website and blog (i.e. on-site and off-site tactics)
Editor - wrote and edited content to make sure it aligns with brand voice and communications calendar.
Email campaigns - worked across teams to plan, execute and measure email and text messaging campaigns across multiple regions and audiences (A/B testing, keywords, timing, Salesforce).
American Farmland Trust, Washington, DC
Marketing and Communications Coordinator (August 2010 - September 2011)
Campaign Management - coordinated national online campaign called America’s Favorite Farmers Market, including content marketing, website management, market manager recruitment, analytics and tracking, development and marketing strategy.
Social Media - managed social media approach and analyzed metrics to assist with departmental strategies to grow audience segments via web-based outlets, conducted research on sustainable agricultural practices, and managed client database (CRM)
Content Curation - tracked media coverage about the organization, compiled and distributed relevant daily news articles, drafted and edited press releases, briefings, and project proposals for senior staff.
The American University in Cairo, Cairo, Egypt
Masters of Arts - Political Science
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma
- Bachelor of Arts – History; Minor in Psychology
- Awards: Thomas Steele Research Scholarship; Senior Continuing Student Award; Junior Continuing Student Award
Enjoy cycling, running, cycling, running, college football, reading, roasting coffee, latte art and crosswords. Traveled to England, France, Spain, France, Italy, Morocco, Turkey, and spent one year living in Egypt.